Category Archives: Nino Musitelli
The Miami RedHawks are the number one team in the country. Well…at least in the USA Today/USA Hockey Magazine Men’s College Hockey Poll. Miami finished two points ahead of Denver and grabbed four first place votes to nab the top spot. The rest of the top five is as follows:
>- As an update to an earlier post, the ECHL American Conference all-star roster was announced today…sans former RedHawks, making Jeff Zatkoff the only Miamian to patricipate in the upcoming all-star game.
- Also in ECHL news, the Dayton Bombers have placed Nino Musitelli on the 7 day injured reserve list (shoulder).
>- The Manchester Monarchs have announced that they have called up goaltender Jeff Zatkoff from Ontario of the ECHL. This is due to Jonathan Quick’s call up to Los Angeles, under emergency conditions.
- The RedHawks has moved up to number two in the latest USCHO Division I poll. Other CCHA notables are Michigan (12), Nebraska-Omaha (16) and Alaska (18).
- Still no official word tonight on Nino Musitelli’s reported shoulder injury. He hasn’t been placed on the IR as of yet.
- The New Jersey Devils have taken defenseman Andy Greene off of the injured reserve list, after recovering from a broken hand. Greene may return tonight, against Toronto, or tomorrow night, when the Devils take on the Sabres.
- After a six point weekend against RPI, sophomore forward Carter Camper has been named as one of the CCHA Players’ of the Week.
>I’ve received more than one report that Nino Musitelli left Dayton’s game on Sunday night against Charlotte in the third period with a dislocated shoulder and that he’s going to be examined and placed on the IR as early as tomorrow.
I’ll try and track down the official word on this and post an update as soon as I find out.
>As the ECHL begins to update their 20008-2009 rosters, I just thought I’d share some of our Miamians photos:
(Top Left) Marty Guerin, F, Charlotte Checkers
(Top Right) Charlie Effinger, G, Gwinnett Gladiators
(Side) Nino Musitelli, F, Dayton Bombers
I’ll also be doing a “Who Plays Where” post for the upcoming season in a few days, once final cuts are made.
>Just a short update here. I’ve compiled this post of where our Miami alumni are, training camp wise after all the cuts, reassignments, and whatnot.
Los Angeles Kings:
Assigned goaltender Jeff Zatkoff to Manchester of the AHL
Assigned forward Mike Glumac to Hamilton of the AHL
Assigned forward Nino Musitelli to Dayton of the ECHL
- Ryan Jones is still in the hunt for an NHL roster spot in Nashville
- Marty Guerin will be attending the Hartford Wolfpack AHL camp
- Nathan Davis is attending the Rockford IceHogs AHL camp
- Mitch Ganzak is in camp with the Binghamton Senators of the AHL
- Alec Martinez is still in camp with the LA Kings
- Kevyn Adams may indeed be a Chicago Blackhawk on opening night, as he was a free agent invitee. He’s had a solid camp for a veteran player.
>Thanks to reader Andrew for the following.
Nino Musitelli and Elgin Reid were credited with goals, as the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins posted a 2-1 win against the Binghamton Senators in preseason action on Friday night at the Broome County Veterans Memorial Arena.
The Penguins took a 1-0 lead 11 minutes into the game, when Musitelli swooped in from behind the net to pounce on a loose puck. His backhand smack sent the biscuit fluttering over a prone Mitch O’Keefe.
You can view the WB/Scranton camp roster by clicking here.
(Thanks to Andrew for the heads up)
>As training camps begin to open for many leagues, here is a running list of former RedHawks who’ll be involved. Obviously, some of the names won’t be a shock, as there are a few “established NHL-ers” here. If you find a name I’ve missed, please contact me.
Mitch Ganzak, Defenseman
(Link to Official Release)
41- Nathan Davis, Center
(Blackhawks Team A Camp Roster)
17- Kevyn Adams, Center
**Adams was a free agent invitee**
(Blackhawks Team C Camp Roster)
Los Angeles Kings:
53- Alec Martinez, Defenseman
36- Jeff Zatkoff, Goaltender
(Kings Training Camp Roster)
98- Mike Glumac, Forward
(Canadiens Training Camp Roster)
28- Ryan Jones, Left Wing
(Predators Training Camp Roster)
New Jersey Devils:
6- Andy Greene, Defenseman
San Jose Sharks:
22- Dan Boyle, Defenseman
(Sharks Training Camp Roster)
Toronto Maple Leafs:
*Joe Cooper, Forward
(Maple Leafs Rookie Training Camp Roster)
Wilkes Barre/Scranton Penguins:
Nino Musitelli, Forward
(WB/Scranton Training Camp Roster)
*Denotes rookie camp attendee
>Nino Musitelli is now a member of the Dayton Bombers.This is a great accomplishment for Nino; to play with some great players in the ECHL. In his four years as a RedHawk, Musitelli tallied 21 goals and 37 assists. As a freshman, he only participated in 14 games due to injury, but developed into a solid player as the years progressed, especially during the 2007-2008 season. Nice to see he’ll still be in the Miami Valley.
Best of luck to Nino. I’m sure the Musitelli clan will make many a trip to the Nutter Center.